POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC participation shrinking? : Re: IRTC participation shrinking? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 10:31:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC participation shrinking?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Apr 2003 14:42:41
Message: <3ea2ea21$1@news.povray.org>

3ea1ac16$1@news.povray.org...
> Robert Ryman  <-- has spent his entire career painting only with white
paint
> Yves Klien   <--- painted a whole series of paintings with a special
> blue he named after himself

In fact, for these two artists, one could even discuss the "monochromatic"
aspect. On close up, Ryman's paintings are not just white but complex and
quite vibrant surfaces, less emotional than Pierre Soulages' black ones
though, but certainly more than, say, Donald Judd's.
And Klein, well I've been going back to Pompidou for years and I just don't
get where he got that blue paint. It's very strange, almost velvety, and
really beautiful. I have a large boar skeleton here in my office and I
always wanted to have it painted in patented YKB, just for the fun of it :-)
One sure thing, though, is that monochromatic paintings don't look good when
scanned and put on web pages!

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com